HTTP/2 is new internet technology, entirely designed for the modern world needs. The main objectives of this technology are enhancing websites’ indispensable elements as speed performance, efficiency and security. With this improving technology, popular browsers and web servers started to develop themselves as HTTP/2 friendly.
Since 1999, browsers were using HTTP/1.1 to connect with web servers. In 2009, Google started to develop SPDY technology to develop better protocol than HTTP/1.1. In, 2015 Google stopped SPDY support and started to support the development of HTTP/2.
What are the benefits of HTTP/2 ?
It diminishes half of the data processes during the opening of website and provide high success for website loading.
- It only needs 1 TCP connection for binary communication
- It provides faster delivery for static files to end users
- It provides network benefit by HPACK and HTTP Header compression
- In mobile, it provides lower latency, battery usage and bandwidth quota usage
- It provides security from man-in-the-middle attacks by using SSL certificate
- Google Boots support HTTP/2 and with faster loading time, It provides certain SEO advantage
Because of all these benefits HTTP/2 provides, Most of the giant companies had to update their services with HTTP/2 technologies. At this point, Medianova adapted HTTP/2 technology to its own systems, as with every new internet technology.
You can contact us for more information about your own customized CDN and HTTP/2 solution.
Http/1.1 vs Http/2 Benchmark test.